User Demographics on TikTok
TikTok's user base spans a diverse range of demographics, making it a platform with widespread appeal. Here are some key demographic statistics:
• 16-24-year-olds account for the largest segment of TikTok users, comprising approximately 41% of the user base. (Source: GlobalWebIndex)
• 25-34-year-olds make up around 27% of TikTok's user demographic. (Source: GlobalWebIndex)
• TikTok has gained popularity among older demographics as well, with users over 35 accounting for about 16% of the total user base. (Source: GlobalWebIndex)
• TikTok has a relatively balanced gender distribution, with female users slightly outnumbering male users.
• As of January 2023, approximately 53 percent of TikTok global users were women. By comparison, male users on the popular social video platform were approximately 46 percent of the total. (Source: Statista)
• In Australia: In early 2023, 53.5 percent of TikTok’s ad audience in Australia was female, while 46.5 percent was male. (Source: DataReportal)
TikTok has a global reach, but some countries have embraced the platform more fervently than others. The top countries with the most TikTok users include:
• China: TikTok's home country boasts the largest user base, with over 600 million users. (Source: Sensor Tower)
• India: Despite a temporary ban in 2020, India remains a key market for TikTok, with over 120 million users. (Source: Datareportal)
• United States: TikTok has gained immense popularity in the US, with over 100 million monthly active users. (Source: eMarketer)
• In Australia: In early 2023, TikTok had 8.3 million users over the age of 18 and above (Source: DataReportal).